Friday, October 08, 2010

2010 Day 8: Gearing Up For the Weekend

Whew.  Weekends are hard, aren't they?  So much to do, so much time needed to be spent spending the time with people you didn't spend enough time with during the week. 

And the laundry.  The awful, awful laundry.

Tomorrow, I'll be spending time at the huge fair that comes to our town for two weeks every year.  It is the only time of year that I wholeheartedly love this town, because I love the fair so much that I would marry it if it wasn't, you know, illegal.  And if I had room in my house for all the llamas and cows and...um...ferris wheels. 

I don't know what I'll post tomorrow.  Pictures of the kidlets from fairs past?  Maybe just pictures from the fair, in general.  Saturdays seem like good days to post pictures:  you take pics of the day, you download them when all is said and done, you slap them down on your blog page, and you're done.

Hope you all have lovely--and bloggable--weekends.

8 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

That's kind of funny. I'm going to the big town fair in these parts tomorrow. Of course, it's the last day of our fair. Last chance to get some fried dough.

Hope you have a good time!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's why I'm doing just one post for the weekends. Everyone's busy, including me.

Rockquelle, the Rollergirl Next Door said...

Even though I'm not participating this year, I have blogged just a bit.

http://groovygrrl.blogspot.com

Thanks so much to Heather for taking this on! I made the right decision not to run it this year--I'm swamped with work. It's a good problem to have. :)

Amy

Guinevere said...

Hi! I don't see my blog on the sidebar, but I'm doing NaBloWriMo too. :)

And laundry is one of the banes of my weekends. Baking day, though, which also has to fit into the weekend is my favorite set of chores.

Golden Eagle said...

Have a great time at the fair. :)

Not Hannah said...

Hey, Guinevere. I wasn't sure which one to use. This Is Not My Day Job?

Astrid said...

Hehe, I did two loads of laundry this week end.

Also, I thought I'd bring your attention to Blog Action Day 2010:

http://blogactionday.change.org/about

I'm doing it and I thought it'd be a great idea for all of us doing NaBloWriMo :)

Hope the fair is/was fun (timzone differences... lol)!

Ketutar said...

We are getting a washing machine :-) We have been living here for 13 years and we haven't had a washing machine. Right now the idea of laundry is wonderful :-D

Reminds me of the story of the goat... a man went to his rabbi to complain. "We live 8 people in one room, and it's horrible." The rabbi told him to take in the goat. The man wondered why, but did as the rabbi said.
A week later he was there, in a horrible condition. "Oh, the goat is horrible! It stinks, it eats everything, it's so awful!" The rabbi said "well, throw it out then!"
Next week the man came back. "Oh, it's so wonderful! No goat, only the 8 of us!"