Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 10, 2013--What Does Writing Mean to You?

This week, the children have been home and we have stuffed the days with cleaning and playing and gardening and visiting and reading and crafting and going to the fair.  My priorities have not included "me" time, which is what blog-writing is, so I missed a couple of days.  I don't feel particularly guilty about it, but I do find myself analyzing the reasons why.

I think that caused me to fall off of writing I'm Not Hannah and writing in general was that for years, it was a job for me.  Or it was the thing I thought I would do to have a career or make a name for myself.  And now that I've found a career that isn't writing, it feels weird to write without a plan or endgame.  I love the written word and I LOVE to write, but that isn't to say that writing isn't a time-consuming, sometimes difficult endeavor and in the life I have RIGHT NOW, I'm not sure how it fits in.

I also know that I spend a lot of time THINKING about writing or THINKING of blog posts or character bits and that falls by the wayside when I get on the computer for a non-photography-related portion of my day.  I've thought of writing as a job for so long, it's hard to think of it as a pure pleasure.

I'm not sure how to translate this observation into change:  I WANT to blog and write a novel, but I don't know if I CAN do that any more.  Writing has changed for me, and I don't know what to do with that change.

What about you?  What does writing mean to you?   Why do you blog and what do you think you want your writing to mean to others?

6 comments:

Raige Creations said...

I am trying to make writing a source of income, so right now writing means to me a potential to do something I love and get a little $ for it. A little pressure, but if I keep it something I love, I think good things are bound to happen.

The hard part is writing meaningful things on a regular basis. I hope I can inspire others, but some days I need inspiration myself.

Morgaine Pendragon said...

I want to be published someday. I love to write, if/when the words come. I feel like I have story in me waiting to be told, I've also been told by a tarot reader (who I didn't even mention anything to) tell me I would be a writer and that someday I'd be published.

As for blogging, for me it's an outlet, a means of expression and venting. Sometimes I think that through my blog and telling my story, I might be able to help someone.

Lisa Resnick said...

Thank you so much for the detailed article
clipping path service

Clipping Solutions said...


I have visited many blogs! And found much good Knowledge. This site is one of that site. Thank you so much.
background removal service

Find Meaning in Adversity said...

I love to write, and I love to share my experience and wisdom with others. I write when I am happy and I write when I am sad, and I love having a written record of both. NaNoWriMo was one event that I participated in that I grew to love writing, I might do a "National Blog Writing Month" challenge. You can read more of my writing available at Find Meaning in Adversity

Shannon Mackle said...

Just a couple of months ago, I gave this relationship doctor Robinson buckler a try. It was my last hope to get my ex husband back.

Weeks before my ex left me and our 2 children, there were a lot of argument and fighting between me and him. On the day he left me, he told me that he doesn't think he loved me any more and this was not working. I was so devastated hearing this, I begged him not to go and I even promised that I would change. But he made up his mind already. He packed his bags and left our house.

I tried calling him and texting him to tell him I miss him and still love him. I asked him to give us another chance. He slowly stopped replying to my messages and stopped picking up my calls.

I then searched the internet on how to get ex back, and even bought a few products such as text your ex back and ex recovery system. Nothing worked, and my ex was still very cold towards me.

When I was about to give up, I found Robinson buckler ex back program. He is a relationship coach with a lot of success stories. I knew what I needed was not a book but a coach to guide me how to make my ex fall in love with me again. I immediately signed up for his program.

In the first couple of days, I made a lot of good progress. I am happier and more confident. My ex saw the positive changes in me, and started to talk to me more and even asked me out for dates.

Fast forward two weeks later, my ex told me that he wants to give our relationship a second try. I was beyond happy when I heard that.

Now, we are closer and happier together. It would not have happened without Robinson buckler help.

I highly recommend


________R.buckler11 [[@Gmail com ]]


100% result guaranteed..