Monday, October 04, 2010

2010 Day 4: A Question For Bloggers

Today, we made it up to SIXTY-FIVE bloggers.  Yes, I'm still adding bloggers if they want to join (and correcting mistakes...sorry, Danette. :(  ) The more the merrier, right?

I was wondering, because I have some sort of awful organizational disorder, if next year, we might want to ask folks to categorize themselves.  NOT because we should pigeonhole folks, but because it might make it easier for folks to find folks who write like them.  OR who DON'T write like them.  OR who write about things that are interesting to them.

Of course, I don't know exactly how I'd categorize myself.  Mommy blogger?  Occasional writing blogger?  Blogger of Aspie issues?  Bemoaner of all things Glenn Beckian-type blogger?  I don't know...it's just an idea.  Let me know what you think.

I've seen a few of you writing introduction-type posts and I LOVE this idea.  I also like the idea of posting the picture that says the most about you.  For me, it'd probably be something like this one:


This is a picture of my father's mother, Evelyn.  We call the land by the river that is so important to us "Evelyn's Eden" in her honor.  I see myself in the way she's sitting and in the curve of her arms and wrists.  But even more, I see my little girl in her face, in that delicate hawk nose and those arching eyebrows.

Anyway, something like that...

Edited to add:  I want to thank y'all for taking the time to comment on each others' posts.  I've noticed your comments and I love the dialogues that are opening up.  Let's all hold hands and sing something soothing in a round.  (Sorry...got a little too shmooshy there.  Sarcasm is my shield.)  Night night.  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh, i see no need to categorize, basically because i wouldnt know how to categorize myself.

ive been clicking through to the other bloggers everyday and i kinda know which ones i feel drawn to more than others. i dont feel the need to categorize.

Unknown said...

Well if we are to categorize I talk mostly of writing and books so that would be where I fit, however I also talk about my likes and dislikes along with a whole ton of randomness some weeks!!

Whatever you find fits best works for me as far as categorizing is concerned, but I'm a writer thru and thru!

sarah said...

Categories. Yes. That makes sense.
I was also thinking -- what about doing a "week in review" post on here, where you could put up a Mr Linky thing and folks could link up with a favorite post they wrote that week.

Just a thought to make it easier to visit everyone :)

Gail said...

It seems to be working well, not disorganized at all.

Danette said...

You probably didn't get my email saying that I am going to do it this year again http://conch-to-be.blogspot.com/. Thanks
Danette

Anonymous said...

How about you do like they do in Sarah's class (where it is most certainly NOT tracking to say the 'A' students are Golden Eagles and the 'special' kids are Brown Birds)? We can each just pick our favorite color...
Just kidding. But perhaps some self chosen categories with more than one "pigeonhole" to choose from would work... like the labels or tags on a lot of blogs. People could be in more than one category if they so chose.

Not Hannah said...

I DID get your email, Danette. I'm sorry that I missed adding you somehow. I'll do it now.

Mulling over these responses...

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

If it's not too late, I'd like to join the blog a day challenge at Notes Along the Way.

Monti
MaryMontagueSikes

Natasha said...

What may work better is for people to describe themselves/ their blogs in a line or two (or x words), and for them to be listed alphabetically by name of the blog/ blogger in a new page. Most blog names don't really tell you what they are about, I am not going to be able to visit 65 blogs every single day, and while I have been trying to randomly click to five new blogs everyday, if the post of that particular day doesn't hold my interest, I may not return.

Not Hannah said...

Monti, adding you right now. Yay!

Yeah, I've thought about adding an "About our Writers" page. Hmmm...

Golden Eagle said...

The current set-up is fine with me. But if you want to categorize, I don't have anything against that. :)

Aleta said...

I like how it is now, but categorizing could be fun too.

I'm more of a journal blogger. :)