Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Day Three, 2012---While You Are Out

The point (the official one) of NaBloWriMo is that you write a post every day of October.  This is all well and good and should be easy, especially if you are an on the ball kind of person like I am.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!

Sorry.

I couldn't help myself.

Anyway, this can be difficult, what with life interrupting your blogging and everything.  I'm facing one of these issues myself in a few days, when the family and I head off to Disneyworld.  While I'm cavorting with cartoon characters and sweating my way through the crowds, the wind will be whistling down the streets of my blog. *cue the tumbleweeds and crickets*

So what does a NaBloWriMo-er do during vacation times?  A few things spring to mind:

Carry a computer, iPad, or even a phone with camera options with you and share snapshots or thoughts on the road.  You don't have to get all philosophical or deep.  Just get a few words on the screen and go.

Write a few posts ahead of time and schedule them to post while you're gone.  Both Blogger and Wordpress have this feature, although I'm not sure about other blogging platforms.

Go back in time and repost a few of your favorite older posts.  These can be posts you think best exemplify YOU or your blog or your crazy life.

Let it go.  No, really.  You're on vacation.  Do not allow blogging to stress you out, because then it becomes a chore and a mountain you have to climb.  We won't hate you if you miss a few days.  

(Translate that last sentence to read:  Don't hate me if I miss a few days...)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had it suggested that I blog or write full time and make money by one sister of mine. I told her I couldn't do then it would take the fun out of it for me.
I schedule mine if need be so if I am busy, it's there.