BTW, YES--you can still sign up. I mean, it isn't October yet is it? Wait. Is it? Have I missed a day already? (I kid.)
The irony here is that tomorrow, on the first day of NaBloWriMo, a day which I should devote to writing a blog so fine that it glitters in the sun like RobPat AND reading your glittery blogs, I'll be on a bus with a bunch of UberSmart Children heading toward Dahlonega. Which means that I'll be writing my inaugural post tonight after I've finished my chores.
Which leads me to a few things:
- I've added a page up above (in the tabs above the posts...do you see them) with some tips and pointers and whatnot. If you have a tip to add, please share it with us and I'll add it. I do plan on posting a prompt every day.
- Don't beat yourself up if you can't post every day. Are you a human being? Okay, so stuff happens and sometimes you can't make all your goals. DON'T let one missed day ruin the whole thing for you so that you sink into a Pit of Despair and refuse to write any more posts for the rest of the month because you RUINED it. Just write a post the next day, okay?
- All that said, Blogger has a function by which you can write a post and schedule it to be posted later. That's what I'll do tonight, in fact. If you have problems figuring out how to do this, email me and I'll help you out. I'm not sure if the other blogging hosts have these options, but it's definitely worth exploring.
- Please take the time to read your fellow bloggers' work. I wasn't lying when I said I've met some amaaaazing people through this. Just pick a few to read here and there and leave a comment if you feel so moved. We all love comments, right?
- Drink lots of water. Hydration is important to brain function.
- Leave your chair occasionally. I mean, seriously. Nobody wants blood clots due to blogging.
- I'm not sure why flossing is important in blogging, but there must be a connection somewhere.